Individual and Crew-Served Systems
MK19 Mod 3 40mm Advanced Grenade Launcher
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems produces the MK19 MOD 3 40mm grenade machine gun, an air-cooled, blowback operated, belt-fed weapon.
Highly portable within small soldier units, the weapon’s high lethality and broad versatility make it the prime choice of U.S. warfighters as an essential weapon in both offensive and defensive operations.
The MK19 is a reliable, portable 40mm grenade weapon system suited for light infantry vehicles and tripod applications.
Firing M430A1 High Explosive Dual Purpose grenades, the MK19 provides lethal fire against a variety of targets, including lightly armored vehicles and dismounted infantry. It will penetrate 75mm rolled homogenous armor at a maximum range of 2,050 meters. Dismounted personnel within a radius of 15 meters from impact will be immobilized by blast and fragmentation.
• Sustained automatic firing
• Dual spade grips for stable control
• Removable barrel
• No headspace or timing adjustments required
• Open-bolt firing eliminates cook off, enhances cooling between bursts and allows sustained firing at three-to-five round bursts
• Simple design for easy maintenance
• Mean rounds between failure exceeds 20,000 rounds
|Weight||77.6 pounds (35 kg)|
43.1 inches (1,095 mm)
|Width||13.4 inches (340 mm)|
|Rate of fire||325-375 rounds per minute|
All high velocity 40mm
|Max Effective Range||2,000 meters - area target
1,500 meters - point target
|Muzzle velocity||241 meters|
|Maximum range||2,212 meters|